From time to time the Foundation initiates projects to develop various aspects of the arts in the two counties.
Since 2011 the Foundation's Development Manager has been predominantly working as Project Manager to the Worcestershire Arts Partnership supporting the implementation of the county's arts strategy and the strategic development of the partnership as a whole.
Working alongside the Chair, Professor Judith Elkin and County Arts Officer Steve Wilson the Development Manager has provided support in terms of developing:-
- The structure and membership of the organisation (Steering Group, Sub-Groups and Advisory Group)
- The marketing and communications of the partnership
- A Strategic Plan for 2012-15
- Action Plans for each sub-group
- A programme of events that support artists and arts organisations to work collaboratively and across a range of sectors.
Support has also been given to develop each sub-group, which is the delivery arm of the partnership.
- Children and Young People
- Marketing and Advocacy
- Visual Arts
- Arts in Non Art Spaces
- Arts, Health and Wellbeing
In 2009 the Worcestershire Dance Promoters (WDP) became an independent project operating under the banner of HEREWARD after a pilot three year audience development project. WDP are a consortium of people representing venues, education, local authority and the community who aim to develop audiences for and participation in dance. www.danceinworcestershire.co.uk
In 2005 Hereward (Herefordshire and Worcestershire Arts Development Ltd) was established to act as an umbrella organisation and managing committee for small scale projects in the two counties taking away the need for individuals or organisations to establish their own charitable and accounting status. Their first project, Singworks, was the brainchild of the Foundation and finished in 2008 (see 2007 link below for more information).